2007 W First Spouse Series, Martha Washington PF 70 Ultra Cameo 1/2 Ounce Gold Coin
First Lady, 1789–1797
Born Martha Dandridge on June 2, 1731, the future First Lady of the United States married Daniel Parke Custis when she was 18 years old, and was a mother of two surviving children when her first husband died in 1757. She married George Washington two years later, and for much of the next 40 years, Martha Washington fulfilled her role of a military and political wife with ease and grace.
She and husband George retired from public life at the end of his second term as President, and lived out their lives at Mount Vernon, not far from the capital city that would soon bear their name.
These are the first 1/2 oz Gold coins in the U.S. Mint’s history that the metal content is .9999 fine. Low mintages offer great collectibility to this series.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- Brilliant Uncirculated or Proof condition.
- Coins come in capsule or protective plastic (no box or certificate.)
- Obverse: Various “First Ladies.”
- Reverse: Varies on each issue.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
These coins honor Presidential “First Ladies” who have added so much to our country. Add these 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse Coins to your cart today!